Mosquito Magnet® Defender
- Place tank on stand
- Use the OPD Reset Tool. (Note: The
OPD Reset tool should be used at every tank change)
- Connect the regulator to the Propane tank.
- Turn on Propane tank valve slowly and all the way.
- Flip the switch on the back of the trap to the on position.
Unit should now be in warm up mode. If the unit has a fast blinking light then
there is a fault. If this is the case, then refer to the troubleshooting
When the trap is starting up, what is happening during the warm up.
- After you hit the power switch button the fan comes on.
- Start up will last 5 to 10 minutes, at this point the fan is blowing out
anything that is in the burner box to allow for a better ignition when the
gas is introduced into the burner box.
- After about 3 to 5 minutes you will hear the speed of the fan slow down.
It is at this time that Propane starts to fill the burner box.
- A few minuets after that the igniter will heat up and ignite the gas.
- After the gas ignites and a total of 5 to 10 minutes, the unit should be
fully operational. This will be indicated with a solid red light on the switch.